Children have their own special medical needs and concerns, but they are often able to recover better and faster than their adult counterparts.
To help prepare your child for a positive experience do the following:
- Talk with him or her in a straightforward, relaxed manner.
- Don’t mention unpleasant experiences like needles or pain.
Other techniques to help your child feel more comfortable:
- Bring an empty bottle if your child uses one.
- Bring a favorite toy, object or blanket.
- Adhere to the dietary restrictions prescribed by your child's doctor.