Fees, Insurance Coverage, and Payment Policy
- Utah Surgical Center will bill your insurance company as a courtesy to you. If you do not have 100% coverage you will be required to make a payment on the day of your surgery.
- On the day of your surgery, please bring your most current insurance, Medicare, or public assistance card; your State pictured ID or driver’s license; and any copy of referrals.
- Any deductible or co-payment will be due on the day of the surgery. If the charges are rejected by your insurance company, you or the responsible party are expected to pay the balance within 30 days.
- We will be happy to accept VISA, MasterCard, DiscoverCard, American Express, or to assist you with the credit arrangements if necessary.
- The Utah Surgical Center has established its fees based on the type of surgery. These charges cover all expenses including the admitting, operating and recovery room, all supplies, routine lab work and medication.
- Professional services provided by your surgeon will be billed separately and apart from the fees charged by Utah Surgical Center. You may also receive a bill from a pathologist or laboratory if biopsies are taken.
- Some procedures like cosmetic surgery and dental work are often not covered by insurance. You will be asked to pay these charges in full at the time of surgery.
- If you require special financial arrangements, please phone our office prior to your surgery to discuss alternative methods of payment.
Remember, because one purpose of the Surgery Center is to provide a cost-effective alternative to hospitalization, you can expect our charges to be fair and reasonable.